- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
- Mentally Ill Seniors Transferred to Nursing Homes
- Men's Cardio Fitness Tied to Cancer Risk
- Basketball Players to Meet Globetrotter
- Bond Doubled for Stigler
- Prison Contractor Wants More Money
- CLAIM: France Plane Crash Intentional
- Saudi Arabia Intervenes in Yemen
- Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out Of Cockpit
- Severe Weather Kills 1 In Oklahoma
- Saudi Arabia Launches Airstrikes In Yemen
- Linn Co. Plans Future Trails
Branstad on Board Campaign
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 09:42 PM CDT
A progressive advocacy group is offering a bumper sticker mocking Gov. Branstad in exchange for a donation. Progress Iowa posted the sticker and fundraising information on it's website and Facebook page Tuesday.
"Now you can speed like Gov. Terry Branstad is riding right along with you! Get your sticker today and you can be above the law just like the Governor," the group wrote on its Facebook page Tuesday.
The group said it will provide the sticker for a $3 or more donation.
"Of course no one should be able to disobey traffic laws, not even the Governor. His refusal to apologize or hold anyone in his administration accountable after his personal driver was caught speeding is an insult to those of us who have to follow the law," the group said.
The move comes hours after an new Associated Press report was released showing more than 3,200 license plates have been issued to local, state and federal agencies, including the governor's SUV, with a designation that allows them to avoid tickets from Iowa traffic cameras.
Several cities said they do not issue tickets to drivers whose plates are not included in police databases because they're conducting undercover or sensitive work.
Iowa Department of Transportation data requested by The Associated Press shows that 350 agencies have been issued at least one license plate with that designation, ranging from small police departments to the Transportation Security Administration.
Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/group-launches-branstad-on-board-speeding-fundraiser/-/9357080/21005648/-/u0q96z/-/index.html#ixzz2ZGbSl26j