- Standing up at Oak Ridge
- Why Thursday's Amber Alert was Delayed
- New Exam Room Aimed at Helping Victims
- Non-profit Coming to a Close
- Tentative State Budget Agreement Reached
- Plans for Old State Prison Approved
- Bird Flu State of Emergency Extended
- The Decker Hotel: History for Sale in Maquoketa
- Faulty Takata Air Bag Investigation
- Community Events Need Volunteers
- Proposal to Reduce Ethanol in Gasoline
- Police: Woman Sent Fake Eviction Notices
- Missing Man Found Dead in Iowa City
- Probable Bird Flu Case in Hamilton County
- Zebra Mussels Found
- Suit over IA Juvenile Home Dismissed
- Taste of Vinton Saturday
- WTC Observatory Opens to Public
- New Gas Tax Pumps in Millions
- Rough 2015 Start for U.S. Economy
- Woman Pulled Over by Imposter
- 911 Texting on the Horizon
- Downtown Construction
- A Few Extra Wheels
- UI Rolls out eCare Service
- New Poll Shows GOP Dead Heat
- Deaths Prompt Corridor Father's Action
- CBJ Report: May 28th
- Iowans Help with Flood Recovery
- Former U.S. House Speaker Indicted
- Body Found in Burned Vehicle
- How Obese is Your Home State?
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Bayli Jordan
- Demolition Continues on IC Cottages
- Lawmakers Still at Budget Impasse
- FIFA President: Alleged Corruption Shameful
- 2 Your Finances
- Bulls Fire Coach Thibodeau
- IA Woman Accused of Abusing Wife
- Traffic Deaths Spike
- Lab Ships Live Anthrax
- Crews Extinguish Cedar Co. Fire
- Tracy Morgan Settles with Walmart
- Fight Over Air Freshener Turns Dangerous
- Big 12 Cracking Down on Court Storming
- Local Veteran Gets His Final Wish
- UI Diversity Training Set to Begin in Fall
- Bird Flu Affecting Egg Prices
- Remaining IC Cottages Demolished
- Fixing Financial Woes
Branstad on Board Campaign
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 09:42 PM CDT
A progressive advocacy group is offering a bumper sticker mocking Gov. Branstad in exchange for a donation. Progress Iowa posted the sticker and fundraising information on it's website and Facebook page Tuesday.
"Now you can speed like Gov. Terry Branstad is riding right along with you! Get your sticker today and you can be above the law just like the Governor," the group wrote on its Facebook page Tuesday.
The group said it will provide the sticker for a $3 or more donation.
"Of course no one should be able to disobey traffic laws, not even the Governor. His refusal to apologize or hold anyone in his administration accountable after his personal driver was caught speeding is an insult to those of us who have to follow the law," the group said.
The move comes hours after an new Associated Press report was released showing more than 3,200 license plates have been issued to local, state and federal agencies, including the governor's SUV, with a designation that allows them to avoid tickets from Iowa traffic cameras.
Several cities said they do not issue tickets to drivers whose plates are not included in police databases because they're conducting undercover or sensitive work.
Iowa Department of Transportation data requested by The Associated Press shows that 350 agencies have been issued at least one license plate with that designation, ranging from small police departments to the Transportation Security Administration.
Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/group-launches-branstad-on-board-speeding-fundraiser/-/9357080/21005648/-/u0q96z/-/index.html#ixzz2ZGbSl26j