- Superintendent Buck Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
Branstad on Board Campaign
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 09:42 PM CDT
A progressive advocacy group is offering a bumper sticker mocking Gov. Branstad in exchange for a donation. Progress Iowa posted the sticker and fundraising information on it's website and Facebook page Tuesday.
"Now you can speed like Gov. Terry Branstad is riding right along with you! Get your sticker today and you can be above the law just like the Governor," the group wrote on its Facebook page Tuesday.
The group said it will provide the sticker for a $3 or more donation.
"Of course no one should be able to disobey traffic laws, not even the Governor. His refusal to apologize or hold anyone in his administration accountable after his personal driver was caught speeding is an insult to those of us who have to follow the law," the group said.
The move comes hours after an new Associated Press report was released showing more than 3,200 license plates have been issued to local, state and federal agencies, including the governor's SUV, with a designation that allows them to avoid tickets from Iowa traffic cameras.
Several cities said they do not issue tickets to drivers whose plates are not included in police databases because they're conducting undercover or sensitive work.
Iowa Department of Transportation data requested by The Associated Press shows that 350 agencies have been issued at least one license plate with that designation, ranging from small police departments to the Transportation Security Administration.
Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/group-launches-branstad-on-board-speeding-fundraiser/-/9357080/21005648/-/u0q96z/-/index.html#ixzz2ZGbSl26j