- Goodwill Bargain Hunting For Back To School
- JUST IN: Shots Fired Reported in CR
- National Night Out
- Meth Lab Investigation at CR Taco Bell
- Demo Day Leads to Cash for Businesses
- Union Files Charge Against Ingredion
- North Liberty Residents Petition for Dog Park
- Fox News Sets Debate Lineup
- 2015 UI Kid Captains Announced
- Amazing Sounds at All-State Choral Workshop
- Vernon Blum Faceoff in CR
- Lawsuit: Deputy Handcuffed Children
- Dogs and Peanut Butter Dangers
- Alligator Ends up on Beach
- Woman Admits to Stealing Program Funds
- Funeral Services Set for Airman
- Drugs Smuggled into Prison with Drone
- Bird Flu Quarantines Being Lifted
- Wildfire Grows in California
- UI Union Praises New Ruling
- CR Schools Get Grants for At-risk Students
- Thousands Raised at Rummage in the Ramp
- IOC Recognizes Ultimate Frisbee
- Nebraska Coach Killed in Car Crash
- Student Shoots Herself in Leg
- Waterloo Inmate Missing
- Dad Charged for Leaving Infant in Hot Car
- Suspect in Fatal Officer Shooting in Custody
- DM Younkers Fire 'Undetermined'
- POLL: Trump Widens Lead on GOP Field
- Circus Tent Collapse Kills Two
- Homeowner Fights for Home After Complaint
- Golf, Music, Nannies Among New Business Startups
- Coral Ridge Shooting: Lawyers Need More Time
- Cat Dies in Cedar Rapids House Fire
- Operation Releaf Underway in North Liberty
- Senate Blocks Effort to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Police Arrest 101 ‘Johns’
- Man Drowns Whilte Saving Son
- Money Raised for Missing Teen Boaters
- Disaster Declaration Approved
- Coe, Mt. Mercy Part of Iowa Private College Week
- Illinois Now Top Party School
- Holmes Eligible for Death Penalty
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.