- Kayakers Rescued From Black Hawk Creek
- IA Man Guilty of Assaulting Officer
- Fancy Food Show: Foods of the Future
- Clinton Planning Eastern Iowa Visits
- LATEST: Thousands Rally in Greece
- IA School Getting Face Lift
- NBA Player Ames Grand Marshal
- Gov. Walker Announcement Coming
- New Trial For IC Man
- More Drugged Drivers on IA Roads
- Jazz Fest Underway in IC
- Lindsey Graham's Thoughts on Joe Biden
- Tanager Place Names New CEO
- Watch Out for Bed Bugs During Your Travels
- Class Action Traffic Cam Suit Thrown Out
- CBJ Report: July 2nd
- ACA Decision Hits the GOP Campaign Trail
- Gay Marriage Hits Campaign Trail
- Branstad Vetoes Funding Deals
- Senator Plans Trade Relations Trip to Cuba
- Tipton Turns 175
- History on the Move in Cedar Rapids
- First Measles Death Since 2003
- Ballplayer Wins Foul Ball Lawsuit
- Bird Flu: Govt. Monitoring Wild Birds
- 2 Your Finances: Greek Financial Crisis
- Branstad Still Mulling Education Bill
- Mall Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Judge Overturns Sexual Assault Conviction
- Church Opposes Chauncey Tower
- Johnson Co. Community ID Delayed
- Catholic Leaders Plea to Candidates
- BP to Pay $18.7B for 2010 Oil Spill
- UPDATE: No Shooting Found at Navy Yard
- POLL: Sanders Gaining Ground on Clinton
- Arrest Made in Baltimore CVS Fire
- DOJ Investigating Airlines
- Man Bit in Shark Attack
- Candidates Swarm to the State
- Celebratory Paddle Event At Cedar Lake
- Fireworks: Not Fun for Everyone
- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
- Horizons, NTS Merge Into One Organization
- FIFA President to Skip World Cup Final
- Schools Starting Fiscal Year Without Budget
- New Housing for Downtown Cedar Rapids
- New Store Helps Revitalize Iowa City
- Fake AIDS Researcher Gets Prison Time
- CRPD Investigating Deposit Bag Robbery
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.