- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
- Mentally Ill Seniors Transferred to Nursing Homes
- Men's Cardio Fitness Tied to Cancer Risk
- Basketball Players to Meet Globetrotter
- Bond Doubled for Stigler
- Prison Contractor Wants More Money
- CLAIM: France Plane Crash Intentional
- Saudi Arabia Intervenes in Yemen
- Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out Of Cockpit
- Severe Weather Kills 1 In Oklahoma
- Saudi Arabia Launches Airstrikes In Yemen
- Linn Co. Plans Future Trails
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.