- Authorities Speak on Amber Alerts
- Officials ask Court to Reject Job Protection
- Payment Approved for Prison Builder
- IC's First Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- AP: FBI Using Spy Planes in U.S.
- Warren Supporters End Push
- STUDY: Americans "Blind" to Income Gap
- School Program Teaches More Than Just Academics
- North Liberty Home Facing an End
- Growing Pains in Clear Creek Amana
- Mayor Will Comply With Traffic Cam Order
- Police Follow Junk Food Trail to Suspect
- Comedian Mick Foley Discusses Act
- UPDATE: One of Two Inmates Caught
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Reed Day, Rheea Day
- Quarter Barrel Looking for Help
- UI/ISU Game on FOX 28
- Lawmakers Agree to $7 Bil. Budget
- Hoiberg Announcement Anticipated
- Clinton Schedules First Major Speech
- ATM Theft Arrest
- Men Allegedly Offer Children Rides Home
- Walker Leads GOP in Favorability
- More Bird Flu Concerns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': NAUVOO, IL
- Patriot Act Expires
- Common Recycling Mistake
- Your Favorite Family Trips
- Parade of Historic Homes Held in Iowa City
- Certain Plants Attract Monarch Butterflies
- Junkin' for a Cause Helps Families
- Lisbon Family Helps Texas Families
- Frankie House Needs Help
- Bob Schieffer Signs off at CBS News
- Hastert Resigns Posts After Indictment
- NSA Program to End at Midnight
- 10 Injured in NYC Construction Accident
- Kerry Injured in Bike Crash
- Bush Talks Obama Immigration Policy
- Lawsuit Filed over Cow Manure Mailing
- 1 Injured in Cedar Rapids Shooting
- Taste of Vinton Gives New Experience
- New Talk of Trail Extension
- Cereal Saturday Held at NewBo
- Dozens Turn out for Border Hop Fest
- Beau Biden Dies From Brain Cancer
- Boat Safety Reminders
- Man Killed by Fish
- Snow Could Linger in Boston Until July
- Texas Flooding Claims More Lives
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.