- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.