- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
Anti-Tax Activist Norquist Speaks in Iowa
Updated: Wednesday, October 9 2013, 06:52 PM CDT
URBANDALE, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Well-known anti-tax activist Grover Norquist was in Iowa today speaking to Republicans about the government shutdown.
He argues President Barack Obama broke his promise of not raising taxes on the middle class after 16 days in office.
Norquist says the federal government is focusing too many resources on new programs like the affordable care act instead of the debt ceiling crisis.
Norquist says there are 20 taxes in the Affordable Care Act, 8 of which that hit middle class Americans.