- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Train Hits Semi in Alburnett
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
- Super PAC Formed for Scott Walker
Abduction Prompts Change of Venue Request
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:34 PM CDT
SAC CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A public defender is seeking another change of venue for a man charged with murder and kidnapping, arguing the move is needed because of the abduction of two girls near Dayton.
Public defender Charles Kenville filed a motion Friday seeking to move the trial for Kirk Levin.
The 21-year-old Early man is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his mother and third-degree kidnapping in the abduction of a woman who later escaped.
Levin's trail had been moved from Sac County to Webster County, but Kenville says another move is needed because of the abduction of two girls last week near Dayton, which is in Webster County. Kenville says that case would influence Webster County jurors.
Levin's trail is scheduled for June 3.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.