- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
Abduction Prompts Change of Venue Request
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 12:34 PM CDT
SAC CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A public defender is seeking another change of venue for a man charged with murder and kidnapping, arguing the move is needed because of the abduction of two girls near Dayton.
Public defender Charles Kenville filed a motion Friday seeking to move the trial for Kirk Levin.
The 21-year-old Early man is charged with first-degree murder in the death of his mother and third-degree kidnapping in the abduction of a woman who later escaped.
Levin's trail had been moved from Sac County to Webster County, but Kenville says another move is needed because of the abduction of two girls last week near Dayton, which is in Webster County. Kenville says that case would influence Webster County jurors.
Levin's trail is scheduled for June 3.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.