- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
- Horizons, NTS Merge Into One Organization
- FIFA President to Skip World Cup Final
- Schools Starting Fiscal Year Without Budget
- New Housing for Downtown Cedar Rapids
- New Store Helps Revitalize Iowa City
- Fake AIDS Researcher Gets Prison Time
- CRPD Investigating Deposit Bag Robbery
- Corridor Youth On Mission Marathon
- White House Lifts Ban on Photos
- Recreational Pot Now Legal in Oregon
- Feds: SC AME Church Fire Not Arson
- Winner of World Food Prize Announced
- Lawmakers Vow To Protect "Natural Law"
- Clinton Raises more than $45 Million
- Ben Carson Raised More Than $8.3 Million
- Audit Finds Problems with Agencies IT
- Mental Health Institutes Closed
- Audit Criticizes Iowa Agencies Over Spending
- Inmates Practiced Escape Before Breakout
- Macy's Latest to Cut Ties With Trump
- Court Orders Man to Stop Living in Tent
- Area Fireworks Schedule
- U.S. & Cuba to Reopen Embassies
- Combining Wine and Yoga
- Lucky's Open in IC
- Waterloo PPEL Passes, CF School Bond Fails
- City Raffling Off Chance to Taser City Leader
- U.S. and Cuba Open Embassies
- U.S. Markets Higher on Hope for Greece
- OK Court Rules on Ten Commandments
- Scott Walker Leads GOP Field in Iowa
- Corridor Soccer At Fever Pitch USA
- SC AME Church on Fire
- Wildfire Rips Through Washington State
- Greece Defaults on IMF Loan
- 'Love In' Event Draws Community Together
- Disaster Declaration for 18 Iowa Counties
- Red Cedar Lodge Could Be Replaced
- Charges Abroad Only Option for Justice
- Cash Needed if Traveling to Greece
- Siri Gets Snarky
- IC Summer Park Program
- Newest Butter Creation at the Iowa State Fair
- New Laws Take Effect Wednesday
- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
- Leaders Want Radio System Upgrade
- UPDATE: Cedar River Water Rescue
- New Storm Drain Safety Non-Profit Formed
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.