- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
- Local Drive Addresses Veteran Homelessness
- Staying Safe this Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Meal Feeds 400
- Food for Pets on Thanksgiving
- Election Winner Refuses Seat
- Special Report: Thanksgiving Cell Phone Manners
- Tail Waggin' Wednesday
- Lawyers Fight Request to Move Hicks Trial
- Personal Income Increases in October
- Man Charged After Joking of Shooting
- Shots Fired in Cedar Rapids
- Charges Filed in UI Hawk Alerts
- Three Recovering after Central City Fire
- JUST IN: Clinton Keeps Lead In Iowa
- Pope Makes First Journey to Africa
- Brussels Gets Back to Normal
- Airstrikes Hit Convoy Near Turkey Border
- Five Protesters Shot in Minneapolis
- Video of Officer Killing Teen Released
- Lawsuit Filed after 2014 Highway Stop
- Man Shot in Head in Central IA
- Deere's Earnings Drop 41%
- Special Report: Modern Manners
- Turing Cuts Daraprim Price
- NFL Player Shot
- Fmr. CR Man Faces Child Porn Charges
- Debate over Gun Rules in North Liberty
- Anamosa Students Get Big Surprise
- Safety Amid 1-Million Christmas Drones
- Stores Seeking Seasonal Staff
- Four Agencies Get Drug Drop-boxes
Arrests Made in Marshalltown Murder
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 01:34 PM CDT
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (KCCI) -- Police said a tip lead them to find a man dead in the basement of a home in Marshalltown.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Marshalltown police have been at the house since mid-afternoon Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the home, they found the man dead in the basement. His name has not yet been released.
Authorities said an investigation shows criminal action led to the death. Two men have now been charged in connection with the case.
Officials said Jeremy Gartin, 30, of Marshalltown, is charged with first-degree murder and carrying a concealed weapon.
Max Nelson, 55, of Marshalltown, was charged with accessory after the fact, first-degree theft and abuse of a corpse.
Police said they are not searching for any other suspects in the case. Both men are being held in Marshall County Jail.
"At this time I have no reason to believe that the community at large is in any danger, We're following up on all the leads that we have at this point in time, but there's no reason for the community to be in fear at this point," said Marshalltown Police Chief Michael Tupper.
The cause of death is still under investigation.