Shoe Carnival Scratch 2 Win
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Iowa residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the KGAN viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KGAN-TV (the Station), KFXA, Shoe Carnival (the Sponsor), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per mobile device, per day.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text SHOES to 45023 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Entrants will then receive a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game.
(c) The contest starts at 9:00 am CDT on September 2, 2013, and ends on the earlier to occur of (1) when all available prizes have been won, or (2) at 12:00 am CDT on September 23, 2013 (the Contest Period). Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(d) The maximum number of instant winners for this contest game is two (2) per week, for a total of six (6) winners. Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played.
(e) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestants information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sponsor and the Station.
1. Six (6) winners will each receive one (1) $25 gift cards to Shoe Carnival.
2. Winners will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each winner will receive an email or mobile notification with a prize code/voucher to redeem at the Sponsors participating locations. Instant winners will then claim his/her prize in person at the Sponsors participating location and will be required to present the coupon/voucher. As a condition of playing and winning, instant winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest, have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or claiming a prize, and are not an employee of the Station, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE WUCW, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and all sponsors, their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as Releases) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as Claims) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or his/her use of the prize.
3. If an instant winner does not claim his/her prize by the expiration date of December 31, 2013, then the prize will be forfeited, and then the prize will remain the property of the Station or Sponsor.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning are depend on the number of players.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KGAN-TV, 600 Old Marion Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 and on the Stations website at www.cbs2iowa.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Shoe Carnival Scratch & Win, KGAN-TV, 600 Old Marion Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 by August 31, 2013..
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.